Friends and Congrats at the Pan Ams

I have to brag a little bit today. See, Luis Reteguiz-Denizard, my Indiana trainer's trainer and friend, just finished up as the sole rider for Puerto Rico at the Pan Ams in Toronto.
This photo and following video taken from Facebook
I want to spend a moment sending Lou and Robbie (Royal Affair) big congratulations for their small-tour performance. The highlight of their trip was definitely the 70.211% in the Intermediate I, which placed them 5th out of the small tour riders and 9th overall. They finished the competition tied for 13th overall (including against competitors showing big-tour like Stephen Peters and Laura Graves!). This included a 70.725% in the freestyle, which is a huge accomplishment...

Robbie is a super hot horse. At the Central America Games, he lost his brains when the music came on for his freestyle. Lou has worked incredibly hard to desensitize Robbie and try to make the freestyle a place where he can stay relaxed and work. It's paying off!

L1000161
I1 Freestyle at 2015 Pan Am Games Individual Championship. My horse Royal Affair (Royal Diamond x Donnerhall x Prince Thatch xx by Donatia) ridden by Lou with the good graces and sacrifices of Lou's wife, Marie. Robbie's mpeccable grooming is Lindsay's doing. Lou’s West Side Story music theme was produced and enhanced with original music by Curt (curtschneider.com). Now begins our Grand Prix journey supported by too many to name including but not limited to Randy, Carlos and John. Thanks to all of you for contributing to the success of Team Robbie. (If you hadn’t guessed, my wife Sandra really makes this all happen by allowing my passion to flourish.)
Posted by Charles Schneider on Tuesday, July 14, 2015
(Yes, the Puerto Rican rider did his freestyle to West Side Story. Yes, I am still giggling. Also, watch for the major blip in the canter work and see how Lou calmly responds to it to get Robbie back. LOVE! Can't believe the score even with that mistake!)

While I stayed with my trainer at Lou's farm last winter, watching Lou work Robbie was a highlight. Robbie's hot nature reminded me of Pig. Lou's extreme patience, tact and grace in working through Robbie's hot-horse moments inspired me to approach Pig's frantic moments with a similar outlook. While Pig will never have a quarter of the talent Robbie has, I feel like watching Lou and Robbie has helped me access more of Pig's natural abilities and become a better rider of the type of horse I love.

Okay, this photo is mine. Lou working with my trainer and her friesian/warmblood monster of talent.
If you get a chance to clinic with Lou (he comes to Indiana several times a year, and is based in West Palm Florida), jump on it. I have audited several of his clinics, as well as watched him train and ride in Florida. He's a delight, and has a great way of breaking things down for all different types of riders. He's simple to understand and has a great sense of humor. His style is a mix of biomechanics and more horse-specific training. Don't miss out.
(For a quick bit of Lou's teaching, check out his tip on the half halt on the Horse Radio Network!)

Join me in extending cheers to Lou and Robbie for their efforts at the Pan Ams!

**link to scores**

Comments

  1. Fabulous!! So cool to have an "I KNOW THAT GUY!!" moment, lovely ride and congrats to Lou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally fun! I wish I could have seen it in person...

      Delete
  2. Dying to watch the video but it says it cannot be loaded. Super amazing congrats though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I think it uses flash like all Facebook videos. Maybe if your computer blocks Facebook it also blocks this?

      Delete
  3. Woohoo congrats to him & the gorgeous Robbie. Talk about having friends in high places *cheer*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cool! I will have to watch the video this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were some beautiful pirouettes!! And such a good ride. I can only hope to be as calm and collected under pressure in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like you can see everything Lou is doing to collect Robbie and get him set up for the pirs. I like that.

      Delete
  6. That walk was absolutely amazing. Hard to miss that blip at the canter- the crowd's reaction says it all! But he definitely handled it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! You wouldn't know Robbie can be tense from that walk work! We laughed in Florida because it seemed the more Robbie's brain was working the bigger and more ridiculously flamboyant his walk would get.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful ride! The canter pirouettes were so lovely and of course I love the free walk. Very tactful and smooth. Must have been such an awesome opportunity to see him teach and ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. I hope I get to see him teach again soon!

      Delete
  8. Three cheers for Robbie and Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many congrats to Lou and Robbie!! what a cool team, and definitely a good riding role model. that type of patience and quietness is not really something i possess yet, but we can only keep trying right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always possess it either, but having seen it in action, I feel it's easier to emulate. Fake it till you make it, right? ;)

      Delete
  10. I love the music choice as well, and a huge congrats to them both! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment