|I mean, except for the shoes and the low heels...|
But now ... not so much.
So am I.
I started off the fight easy with some Scarlex spray and gentle loosening of the early scabs, but that was not enough. From there I moved on to shampooing and applying MTG to the affected area. Unfortunately all that did was burn the newly exposed skin and create a big swollen leg.
|Fat legged horses get extra grain laced with LOTS of bute...|
Here's what I've been doing--
Step 1: Rinse horse all over with apple cider vinegar/water mixture.
Step 2: Scrub affected areas with Betadine, trying to loosen and remove as many scabs as possible without getting kicked in the face.
Step 3: Let Betadine sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse.
Step 4: Shampoo all four legs from knees/hocks down with Microtek.
Step 5: Spray affected areas with Microtek spray. Rub in.
Step 6: Apply Corona ointment to any particularly open sores.
It might seem like overkill (and take FOREVER), but the results I'm seeing are keeping me at it. Fingers crossed this nasty infection continues to clear!
|This pretty much sums up our feelings on the matter...|