The Hair Problem

"Showing in April has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever had!" I found myself myself exclaiming aloud to... my laundry room. Tiny chestnut hairs seem to be covering every surface in there, clogging up the washer, flowing out of the dryer lint trap, and settling on what were once clean bath towels.

Hello, my name is Austen, and I have a pet hair problem.

You see, I usually weather the spring shedding season in a very certain way. I wear nothing but sleek and slick jackets and tightly woven breeches to the barn in an attempt to leave the horse hair where I found it, at the barn. I refuse to bring home any hairy saddle pads or wraps, instead brushing them off thoroughly and using them until the shedding has ceased and the hair has worn off. Even with these precautions, I often find tiny red hairs all over my car and stuck in the crevasses of my phone case (anyone else?). Yet, my home mostly remains unscathed.

However, this season shedding started at the same moment as horse show prep. Instead of being able to hunker down and just survive the shed, I find myself constantly toting things home to clean them. I'm currying frantically trying to erase clip lines that will not die, and getting enough horse hair down my bra to make a (admittedly small) blanket. I've found myself picking a few wisps of orange out of my keyboard at work. A small fiery cloud escapes my car every time I open the door when the wind is blowing.

You guys I own two Siberian husky dogs currently blowing their magnificent fluffy coats, and there is still more horse hair in my home than anything else.

Why, spring? Why?
All this picture says to me is "thank god I own a Dyson"

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, if I wanted to show in April I'd have to body clip. I might have to body clip to show in May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seriously considered body clipping, but Guinness lives out 24/7 and the temperatures are just too volatile this time of year. :( I guess we'll just look like scruff-muffins...

      Delete
  2. Oh yes... dirty bay horse hairs in my cell phone battery, how did you get there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha. It's the worst! I found some stuck to a print cartridge in my office. AAAAAHHH!

      Delete
  3. I have one lone chestnut hair in the middle of my Otterbox screen and refuse to take it out because I know it will just get replaced with another. I swear Dassah looked like she'd lost 10lbs after grooming last Sunday - so much hair everywhere! Add that with my Anatolian Shepherd shedding and there is HAIR EVERYWHERE! I can't take it! It's so much. *bangs head on desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god! The hair in the case! I HATE that!!

      Delete
  4. Shedding sux!
    N's clip lines are fading well but K is adamant she is keeping her butt cover...currying only gets battered animal syndrome as she shrinks away from me and dances in the cross ties...the little hair I have been getting from her has me throwing in the towel - they'll come loose when she is good and ready to lose them; right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Guinness is usually the last horse in the barn to start shedding, and he is extremely ticklish and not really into grooming. I feel your pain!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha YES DYSONS! I wish Kenai would freaking GROW his hair back from his surgery. He's STILL crappy looking from the waist back! To top it off, he's chewing it out in boredom lately. =( Half the hair to shed I guess? Silver lining?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. My black dog licks as a nervous habit. With this being storm season, the licking plus the shedding is causing him to get huge mats on his haunches. Super annoying. :/

      Hope Kenai gets some guard hairs soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment