Dover's Outstanding Service

On December 20th, Guinness and I had a trailer accident. It was a long and terrifying ordeal. Guinness survived the accident in no-small part because he was wearing Dover Saddlery brand gear. Namely, Dover Pro shipping boots and a Northwind turnout sheet.
Dover Pro shipping boots took a beating, but are still useable. I was floored.
After the accident, I put together an email to Dover. I work in marketing, and I know how much a nice word about a company's products can mean. I wanted to thank Dover for putting together such wonderful products, and tell them how amazed I was that their blanket managed to hold together as we pulled my horse out of the trailer, only giving out after we had pulled him into a much more maneuverable position.

This blanket ripped, but only after pulling my 1500lb horse 2/3 of the way out of a horse trailer. It has no other damage. That's a ridiculously strong blanket!
Dover responded back to me with a few hours. They reached out with sympathy about the accident, and wanted to know how they could help. Despite having won the blanket in a contest, and not bought it, Dover immediately packed up a new Northwind Turnout and put it in the mail. This blanket does have a lifetime guarantee, but it's so strong I don't know how many times you'd have to use it!

When I opened the package from Dover, I found a surprise treat for Guinness.
I tried it. It's not bad...
Amazingly, Captain Picky immediately loooooved this treat. He snarfed down the whole thing, and kept at me to produce more. Carat Cake is definitely Pig approved!
Yep. Definitely Pig approved!
As Pig snarfed on his treat, I adjusted his blanket. Just like the last Northwind, this one fits him perfectly. I'm so happy Dover's blankets fit him so well. He's a tough fit. SmartPak's blankets aren't cut wide or tall enough for his shoulders or shark withers. The Northwind Turnout is beautifully cut for his shape. If you have a thoroughbred/warmblood shaped horse, look into this blanket. I'm obviously a fan.
Great fit! Finally a turnout sheet that doesn't look like he's wearing a square bag!
With the weather changing right now, Guinness is going to be getting a lot of use out of this blanket, so I'm glad to have another one to use. Just yesterday I bundled Guinness up in an old weighted blanket, with this turnout on top to cut the wind. I realized as I was doing up all the straps that all his blankets match now. They're all blue. We're awfully fancy now!

All bundled up! (Note, dangling bits are torn piping from the old blanket underneath the Dover blanket.)
Thanks Dover! Your customer service made a terrible event a little easier to deal with!

Comments

  1. That's so great of them! And I'm glad to read about the fit of the Northwind--I'm hoping to buy their high neck blanket for Bobby this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to get their nigh neck in a medium, but it only comes in a turnout sheet and heavy (that I could find!). It's a really nice blanket!

      Delete
  2. wow that's great of them, show's that they really do care about their customers! Glad to hear Guinness is doing well to :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love it when companies take that extra customer service step. They were really great to talk with!

      Delete
  3. Love this story. I also like that you noted you tried the treat haha. I do that kind of thing all the time. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Good! I'm not the only one! I try dog treats, too. Gotta make sure the quality is there, right? I actually like those generic red horse cookies. They smell like licorice when you chew them. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that was wonderful of them! And that blanket does fit him perfectly... I will pass on the tip to friends with similarly-built horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! Not only do I think Dover deserves to have this blanket promoted, but a good fitting blanket has actually stopped Pig from ripping them apart as much. Either that, or his two blankets this year have stronger piping than any other blanket I've ever tried (possible!).

      Delete
  5. I have a love hate relationship with Dover, but so glad they where able to do that for you!! In the last picture it looks like he ate a dog and the legs are sticking out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It does, but I guarantee, Pig did not eat the barn dog. Though, he has threatened to on several occasions. ;)

      Delete
  6. what a great story - and that blanket looks perfect on him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never shop Dover because of horrible service in the past, but I'm glad that isn't always the case. Also it sounds like Pig is built similarly to Fiction. I always have trouble finding blankets that don't rub the crap out of Fiction's giant shoulders. Maybe I'll give their sheets a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoulder rubs are my problem too, but this blanket is cut high enough through the withers that it allows more room in the shoulder. You might also try the high-necked version. Those options REALLY seem to give extra room in the shoulder without being baggy.

      Delete
  8. Wow I think this is the first nice thing like this that I've ever heard from Dover. Maybe they're finally taking notes on customer service from SmartPak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never dealt with their customer service before, but they were wonderful in this instance!

      Delete
  9. I'm a fan of Dover, I'm so happy that they treated you so well, and made this part of recovering a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear this! I have that same turnout sheet, and it is such a quality product. All of Simon's blankets are matching NorthWinds and I just love them. Glad Dover did the right thing for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear someone else's experience with this blanket is good!

      Delete
  11. That is awesome :) So good to hear that Dover did this for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Navy and Charcoal are smashing on him, yay dover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally are! Redheads look so good in blue! :)

      Delete
  13. How awesome of Dover!! (Hamps has those same shipping boots!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those shipping boots! They were on mega-sale, too!

      Delete
  14. Hey, can I share this with my manager if you haven't already sent it our way? I think she'd love to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda! Please share away! I haven't sent it your way yet, but I'd be happy for Dover to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah this is so cool of them! Rico has their shipping boots too, I love em.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw ... don't you love it when a company stands behind their customers? Nice job, Dover! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now THAT is amazing customer service!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab customer service, plus that carat cake was a super nice touch after the trauma.
    He looks fab in the rug ♡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment