|Bring on ze ribbons?|
- Prompt, relaxed, and through flying changes. These need to be on my aids, and not alter the rhythm of the canter. Pig must also not anticipate the change or be late behind.
- More collection. Our level of collection is sufficient for 2nd, but not quite adequate for 3rd. Must convince the pony to accept more weight on his hindquarter for longer periods of time.
- A stronger connection, with less evasions and more consistent pressure in my hand. Pig cannot throw his head up in transitions, or all is lost.
- A better following seat for me in the sitting trot. I bounce a little too much for my own comfort.
- More separation of my body/aids for clearer communication. I need to be able to swing my legs for changes without altering the balance of my upper body. Need more work on this.
- More suppleness and flexibility in lateral work, especially the traver/renver. We barely made our scores in this last year, as Pig would get tight in the back and not hold his bend properly. We can do better.
- A real medium/extended gait button. I'm starting to lose hope that we will ever understand these particular movements...
Basically, there's a lot of work to be done. Of course, in order for this work to be accomplished, Pig has to be in condition to work. Let's hope this week of spa life and no work will help him come back to normal.