Quarter 1 (January - March) Goals

Partnerships need goals.
This year started out with a lot of changes and big life decisions. Unlike last year, I think all these changes are only going to help us get started with our training and work. Let's see what I'd like to focus on for the next few months.

Pig Q1 Goals
He looks so thrilled to have goals, right?
1. Solidify plans for Pig's spring boarding situation.
2. Stay healthy and at a good weight.
3. Go for a handful of rides.

Bast Q1 Goals
I honestly can't wait to get started on these.
1. Settle in Bast fully at new barn.
2. Commit to regular riding schedule of 4-5 days a week.
3. Take 3 lessons.
4. Reinstall the leg yield.
5. Develop straightness, including ability to ride straight up the centerline.
6. Continue developing shoulder-in, pushing to hold for 1/4 of the long side at time.
7. Get outside and exploring once a week, even if just for a long hand walk.
8. Run through Training 3 and First 1 and identify the struggle points.

My Q1 Goals
My goals always include staying one step ahead of this bundle of furry lightning.
1. Run 80 Miles
2. Find and commit to morning routine, so I can get to the barn earlier.
3. Get my organizational system and contracts in order.
4. Get to the gym once a week minimum for strength work, beyond regular work at home.

Whew. We've got this, Q1!

Comments

  1. A busy, but exciting time ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals! Especially setting a goal and identifying the struggle points.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment